I know you're gonna want to try this right now. Wow, wow... So juicy, tender, swimming in the most amazing flavorful creamy gravy sauce... mmmm... Seriously, these are the most delicious Swedish meatballs ever!
Just imagine them over egg noodles or creamy mashed potatoes. And the sauce... oh, this sauce is so simple, so creamy, so damn delicious!!!
I will not bore you with expectations and meaningless description, the ingredients are the most common, the recipe is quite simple, everyone can handle! I promise, you will never ever come back to the store-bought version of this Swedish meatballs!
For the sauce
How To Make Swedish Meatballs in a Cream Sauce:
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef and ground pork, add 1 egg, chopped parsley, 1 finely chopped onion, 3 minced or pressed garlic gloves, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and 1 cup breadcrumbs
2. Mix everything well and add 1/4 cup milk. Adding milk will give the stuffing the right juiciness
3. Roll the meat into 1 inch balls
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. While the oil is warming up, roll the balls in flour, dusting off excess. Add 1 tbsp butter in pan and fry the meatballs on all sides until golden brown (Fry meatballs in batches of two so they don’t stew or simmer) Transfer the meatballs to a paper towel
4. In the same pan (no need to wash;) melt 3 tbsp butter on medium heat. Sprinkle the flour and stir the mixture with a whisk, until golden
5. Then pour in the chicken broth and continue to whisk until it thickens slightly
6. Add the sour cream or heavy cream
7. Season with nutmeg, salt and ground black pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and stir until sauce thickens enough. Then add the meatballs to the pan with the sauce and stew the meatballs in sauce on low heat to warm the meatballs through for a few minutes
Serve the Swedish meatballs over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Enjoy your meal!